Monday, April 18, 2011

The End in Sight!

I cannot believe it is already April.  Miss Georgia week is just two months away!  My time as Miss Rome has flown by, but I am getting more excited about Miss GA as the time winds down. This last month has been full of pageant preparations. With the help of my amazing directors and parents, I have accomplished a lot. My Spring Break was packed full of hair and make-up appointments, appearances at local elementary schools, and a photo shoot with the FABULOUS Matt and Meredith Boyd. I also worked hard to get all of my paperwork together--platform essay, Miss GA Resume, and the Official Contract. Everything was sent in last Friday. Sending in all my paperwork made the whole process real to me. I am really going to be competing for my dream job in June! I feel so blessed to have this opportunity and am so thankful for all the wonderful support from all of the people around me.
Photo by Matt Boyd

This month I have also had the chance to make some special appearances. I was able to read to two sweet kindergarten girls at Sope Creek Elementary School. I took them crowns and even let them wear my crown and banner for pictures. They wrote me the sweetest thank you cards after my visit!



I have been continuing my volunteer work at the Boys and Girls Club in Oxford, MS as well. I tutor once a week and have some great stories from this semester. Last week I was playing with the 5 and 6 year olds outside when one of the boys came up to me and told me he had to show me something. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a caterpillar. He found "Spike," as he named him, on his way to school, took him for show and tell, and kept in his pocket all day. He said he was going to keep him as a pet.  Spike was crawling all over the floor as I tried to help him with his homework. I love the innocent minds of children!

I am excited about all the adventures in the week ahead as I continue to prepare. I am confident God has a plan for me and all my endeavors and am looking forward to see what He has in store for me.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment